Please stop and like our Facebook page for ChildFun http://facebook.com/childfun
Daily Tips -
All-Purpose Quick Mix
5 lb. bag flour (20 Cups)
4 C. nonfat dry milk powder or buttermilk powder
3/4 C. baking powder
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
5 C. vegetable shortening
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. With Pastry blender (or your hands) cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal in texture. Store in airtight container.
~Use 1/2 whole wheat flour, if desired.
~Cut recipe in 1/2 for smaller households.
~Can be used for biscuits, shortcake, coffee cake, scones, self crusting quiche. You can use this mix in any recipe calling for biscuit mix.
Courtesy of heart-hands-home.blogspot.com
Click here to receive our daily tips by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Tip of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Painting With Balloons - August 20, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts For Kids
- Yoga to Cura a Headache - August 19, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Feathery F - December 17, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Q is for Quilt - April 25, 2013 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- A Branch of Spring - March 20, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- How to Make Compost Tea - March 13, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Strawberry Jar Garden of Herbs - April 22, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Garden Stepping Stones - April 17, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Paper Dolls - October 29, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Cleaning Tip for Crusty Stove Top - December 31, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Valentine's Day from ChildFun.com
We have more Valentine crafts than you can shake at Cupid!
Check out our Main Valentine page
that lists all of our crafts, activities, songs,
coloring pages and much more!
Visit our Community Helpers
section for plenty of theme based activities to keep your kids busy and active all year round!