Page 2 of 2
Scatter gold chocolate coins in yard before children arrive and have fun searching for the "luck" left by the leprechauns.
Ages 2 1/2 +
Cut out a shamrock shape and have a box of green collage materials- yarn, fabric, ribbon, buttons, glitter. Add green coloring to glue and let them decorate.
Paper Plate Shamrocks
3 paper plates
Green Construction paper
Color all three paper plates green. Cut a stem from green construction paper. Glue the three paper plates together and in a triangle type shape. Then glue the stem at the bottom.
Coffee Filter Shamrock
2 baby food jars
blue and yellow food coloring
Cut Coffee filter in the shape of a shamrock. Put water in two baby food jars. Add yellow food color in one jar and blue in the other. Give the children Q-tips and let them mix the colors on the coffee filter. You end up with a very interesting green shamrock.
St Pat's Ribbons
submitted by Wendy Hollands
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada
I bent the glitzy chenille stick into a shamrock shape. The kids glued on the 1' pom pom. They glued on the shamrock ribbon in the back. They glued on the two eyes. Then they glued on the feather. I glued the pin in the back with glue gun.
St Pat's Shamrocks
submitted by Lisa of Dreams and Discoveries
green food coloring
1. cut posterboard into shamrock shapes, one per child
2. pour rice into large bowl, coat lightly with oil, put in several drops of food coloring, stir until rice is green
3. let rice dry on paper towels for several hours
4. give each child a posterboard shamrock, let each child pour glue all over shamrock, then spread thin with q-tip
5. give each child a small bowl with green rice in it, let child sprinkle rice all over glue, let dry.
ages 2-6 (help the little ones)
cereal box cardboard
1. Cut a large shamrock shape out of your cardboard
2. Glue the pinto beans onto the shamrock
3. Let dry overnight
4. Paint Green & sprinkle with glitter
From Craft's for St Patrick's Day
by Kathy Ross
Text © Kathy Ross, Art © Sharon Lane Holm
Used by permission of the Millbrook Press
green construction paper
thin ribbon in both green and gold
1. Cut three heart shapes from the green paper. Glue the tips of the three shapes together to form a shamrock.
2. Staple the center of the shamrock to the end of the straw to make a handle
3. Decorate the shamrock with gold glitter
4. Cut three or more 3 foot ribbons. Hold the ribbons together and staple them to the back of the shamrock at the center so that the ends hang down from the shamrock wand.
5 Cut several tiny shamrocks and staple them along the ribbons.
Maybe your magic wand will help you catch a leprechaun!!
Cut large shamrock shape our of green paper. Fold white paper accordion style for arms and legs. Cut small shamrocks for hands and feet. Glue at ends of accordion arms and legs. Decorate large shamrock as a face. Very Cute!
St Patrick's Day Links to Other Sites
St. Patrick's Day at Kinderart
Making Friends St Patrick's Page
DLTK's St Patrick's Day Fun
Kids Domain St Pat's Goodies
FamilyCorner.com St Patrick's Day Fun
Musical Finian's Rainbow
Old Fashioned Holidays
Main Street Moms St Pat's Ideas
Adult Recipes for St Pat's @ Fabulous Foods
Activity Idea Place's St Patrick's Day
Absolutely for St Patrick's Day
Dear Reader: You can help us make this theme even better!
All of our theme ideas have come from our imagination and from reader submissions. Please use this form to contact us if you have crafts, activities, games, recipes, songs or poems that you would like us to add to this theme.
Webmasters and Authors:
We will gladly include a link back to your site or book in exchange for sharing your content. Just contact us!
Make Sure to Visit These Related Links and Articles
- How to Sanitize Your Wooden Cooking Spoons - January 29, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Sustenance: Prepare For a Power Outage - June 18, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Cotton Lambs - March 22, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Halloween Costume Safety - Oct 28, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Space Tip - July 7, 2009 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Fireworks Safety - July 3, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Bookmark For Dad - June 7, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Jesus Jelly Bean Bags - April 2, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Water Color Surprise - January 20, 2011- Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Soak Your Tools - May 31, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Get on time success in security+ exam & mcts certification exams by using our latest and high quality comptia a+ certification and mcpd certification. Our scjp certification are also accessible for every one.
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.