Things Just Aren't Going Your Way...
by Jenette K. Rotatori-Zubero
Five Ways to Take the Opportunity When…
Things Just Aren't Going Your Way…
Whether you're having one of those days, months or years (hopefully not decades!), it's usually hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Instead of seeing things as being against you… take the opportunity instead!
1. Take the opportunity to embrace the situation. Think of ten things you can do to make it a great situation to be in. Make it a great situation.
2. Take the opportunity to let friends support you. Now is a good time to bounce your situation off a good friend. They may have insight that can turn the whole situation around. (Note: always go to a "positive" friend… a "negative" person will only add salt to your wounds).
3. Take the opportunity to change… YOURSELF. What type of person would enjoy the situation that you're in? Try to incorporate some of those qualities into your personality. You may find yourself actually loving your new situation.
4. Take the opportunity to lay low. The situation might be fleeting. If it still persists after a while ( the duration is up to you to decide as it would depend on the situation) then try to find a way to effectively be with it.
5. Take the opportunity to smile and go with it. Plain and simple, sometimes it's the best tactic.
What other ways can you think of to effectively and successfully deal with "one of those days"?
Dear Reader: You can help us make this website even better!
We'd love to hear your comments about this article! Scroll down to sound off! All of our articles and ideas have come from our imagination and from reader submissions. Please use this form to contact us if you have articles, crafts, activities, games, recipes, songs or poems that you would like to add to this website. Make sure to stop by our friendly forums too! Read more articles from moms in our section devoted just to them!
Webmasters and Authors:
We are looking for more "mom authors'! We will gladly include a link back to your site or book in exchange for sharing your content. Just contact us!
Make Sure to Visit These Related Links and Articles
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.